Student Project Ideas
These are project possibilities for your classroom collaborations and investigations. These are in addition to to three required Final Products that will come out of the Food and Culture Global, Collaborative Classrooms Project. Every participating class will provide the minimum required three final products!
- Student-produced films - feature length film about Food and Culture or a subtopic within this project. See Filmmaking.
- Student-produced documentaries - individual or small group research reports can be presented in the format of a documentary (such as those seen on the History Channel, the Discovery Channel, the Science Channel, etc.). These can be on an almost infinite number of topics. See Student Documentary Ideas and Rubric coming soon.
- The Global Classrooms Cookbook - in print, digital and video format! Let's create a huge, collaborative cookbook - The Global Classrooms Cookbook, and include recipes from every country in the world! Along with your recipe, create a video of a cooking show styled to the format of Alton Brown's show, Good Eats. If you haven't seen it, please watch it. We recommend that you order the DVDs of his shows for your school's library - they are that good! Alton includes and makes connections to everything from chemistry to history, physics, literature, anthropology and more. Be sure your students do the same with their recipes! Watch for the Cookbook Rubric coming soon! See Cookbook.
- Photo Essays
- Oral Histories
- Video Games - have your students design an original video game which teaches content and skills related to this unit.
- Music Videos - ask your musically inclined students to compose a song, then film a music video related to The Great Race or a subcategory within this project.
- Web Sites
- Research Reports
- Environmental Projects
- Architectural Designs
- Theater Productions
- Informational Brochures
- Service Learning Projects - have your students create a record of their service learning project. See Service Learning Project Rubric coming soon.
- more to come. Send us your ideas!